My research interests focus on bio-statistical procedures applied to cancer patients. This encompasses modelling survival analysis to adequately estimate the time—starting from the date of diagnosis—after which cancer patients can be considered as cured and quantifying the potential excess mortality.
Another goal of my PhD thesis is to find a proper way to adapt the actuarial pricing of life insurance products depending on the type of cancer and the duration of survival at the time of application.
This PhD is a joint work with Prof. Catherine Legrand and Prof. Michel Denuit.
- Soetewey, A., Legrand, C., Denuit, M. et al. Waiting period from diagnosis for mortgage insurance issued to cancer survivors. Eur. Actuar. J. (2020). DOI: 10.1007/s13385-020-00254-x
For a detailed list of publications see my Google Scholar, ORCID or ResearchGate profile.
Talks & posters #
- Hackathon of the 28th annual meeting of the Royal Statistical Society of Belgium (2021). ULiège, Belgium [slides]
- Young Researchers Day (2021). UCLouvain, Belgium [slides]
- 15th Clinical epidemiology conference (EPICLIN) (2021). Marseille, France [poster, awarded best poster by the scientific committee]
- Scientific exchange day: "Cure models: estimating the recovery time to improve access to insurance" (2020). French National Cancer Institute (INCa), France [slides]
- How can we predict the evolution of Covid-19 in Belgium? (2020). UCLouvain, Belgium [slides]
- 26th Annual meeting of the Royal Statistical Society of Belgium (RSSB) (2018). Domaine des Hautes Fagnes, Belgium [poster]
- Young Researchers Day (2018). UCLouvain, Belgium [slides]
- Workshop "Insurability of people who have had cancer" (2018). UCLouvain, Belgium [slides]
- Joint PhD seminar in statistics, actuarial and financial mathematics (2018). University of Oldenburg, Germany [slides]
Press & media #
- The right to be forgotten - Are we all equal when it comes to insurance? (UCLouvain) [link]
- How can we predict the evolution of COVID 19 in Belgium? (UCLouvain) [link]
- Evolution of COVID-19 hospital admissions in Belgium (LN24) [link]
Associations & affiliations #
- Member of the Royal Statistical Society of Belgium (RSSB)
PhD & Master’s theses #
- Life and health actuarial pricing: a biostatistics approach (in progress). PhD in Statistics, UCLouvain [PDF]
- Combining professional and survey forecasts for macroeconomic data (2016). M.Sc. in Econometrics, Maastricht University. ISBN: 978-3659660801 [Amazon, PDF]
- Negativity bias and framing effect in charity donations: a field experiment (2014). M.Sc. in Economics, KU Leuven [PDF]